Job Title: Lead ED Concierge Department: Operations
Reports To: Client Service Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting to Client Service Management, the Lead ED Concierge will assist in the facilitation and supervision of the ED Concierge Program at the assigned facility. The Lead will coordinate training for new ED Concierges, quality control/ assurance procedures, and be the point of contact for all employees at that facility. The Lead ED Concierge will act as a liaison between the ED Concierges, ProScribe Client Service Management, and clinic/hospital staff as a point of contact for improvement, marketing, and escalation protocol. Will represent the company in a knowledgeable, caring and professional manner. Will follow up within the assigned clinic/hospital to disseminate new Company protocols and updates, while overseeing the identification of opportunities, goals, and core measures to enhance ED Concierge skills and overall service solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the patients in finding a PCP if a previous relationship has not been established.
- Schedule appointments with the patient’s PCP.
- Schedule appointments with specialists and coordinate the physician referrals. The ED Concierge will also follow up with the patients to confirm attendance of the specialist appointments.
- Facilitate team review of assigned documentation, quality control/assurance and follow up training.
- First point of contact for assigned site’s ED Concierge workforce solutions and schedule fulfillment.
- Responsible for updating and/or modifying schedule utilizing scheduling software system. Will partner with Client Service Management to ensure 100% ED Concierge shift coverage.
- Schedules all ED Concierge training and quality assurance evaluations at assigned site(s).
- Upholds Quality Management Program for assigned site(s). Helps maintain skills, productivity and efficiencies through quality assurance evaluations and remedial education.
- Assist in the dissemination and implementation of new Company and/or ED protocols, updates, and tasks.
- Act as a liaison between client and company ensuring proper escalation, documentation and follow up is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist management with ED Concierge performance reviews and ensure feedback is fully communicated and documented according to direction of Client Service Management.
- Actively participate in assigned site management meetings on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure goals, areas of opportunity, and core measures are reviewed, communicated and attained.
- Support Talent Acquisition Department with local recruitment activities by participating in university events, career fairs, student organization meetings, etc, as necessary.
- Other duties as delineated by the Client Service Manager and sponsoring physician(s) within the Lead ED Concierge’s scope of practice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher preferred. Pre-health career track preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend medical instructions, short correspondence, and dictation. Ability to write complex medical correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate verbal and written skills with exceptional relationship building and customer service abilities; effectively communicate clinical information and administration in group situations to doctors, clients, and other medical employees as necessary. Flexibility in scheduling.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Ability to weigh options and determine methods and procedures on new assignments with supervision. Coping with the sometimes high-pressure environment of the Emergency Department. Discretion to understand and observe the limits of the ED Concierge role.
Technical/Computer Skills: Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs; minimum of 60 WPM preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations
- Understanding of the patient discharge process and ability to schedule follow up appointments
- Legible handwriting and ability to record information accurately
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new applications quickly including the facility’s EMR and Care Continuity Program
- Communication skills and the ability to coordinate and cooperate with multiple members of the healthcare team
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations with respect to patients and families
- Coordinate all activities in regards to staffing needs, training new staff including follow-up training and remedial training if needed.
- Maintain proficiency with the electronic medical record system(s) in place.
- Perform physician clinic visits to assist with startup activities in new markets
- Provide status updates to the ProScribe Client Service Management team on current activities and planned activities.
- Ability to multi-task between handling clinical shifts as well as doing administrative duties.
- Assist in monitoring ProScribe and Care Continuity training programs, and identifying any enhancements or updates needed to program.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assigned site point-of-contact for clinical staff/employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand with mobility for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, hold, push, and pull 25 pounds
- Ability to view computer monitors with close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to handwrite legibly
- Position may require work at more than one location during a work week.
Performance will be assessed in a written format during a 90-day probation period.
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned based on management discretion.