Education/Experience: High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher required. Pre-health career track and minimum six months scribing preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminologies and techniques taught and used on the job.
- Ability to adapt to various learning styles to best assist new hires through training
- Ability to quickly learn new EMRs, new physician practice styles, and potentially new areas of expertise (i.e. cardiology, neurology, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events accurately and cogently, in grammatically-correct English.
- Ability to spell proofread and edit written text.
- Keyboard proficiency (approximately 70 words/minute).
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly-stressful environment that routinely involves exposure to highly-sensitive personal medical issues.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and patients.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with others.
- Understanding of and commitment to appropriate protection of confidential patient information.
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to adapt to different regions/demographics with strong interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand with mobility for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, hold, push, and pull 20 pounds
- Ability to view computer monitors with close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to handwrite legibly
- Position may require work at more than one location during a scheduled work week.
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned based on management discretion.